Saturday 29 November 2014

Black and White Photo Challenge

Recently Brona's Books challenged me to do a Black and White Photo Challenge on Facebook. I had to post one black and white photo a day for seven days. It was great fun. I enjoyed selecting the photos and thinking about which of my (thousands of) photos from my recent trip to Europe I would use.

White swans bedding down for the night
on the Limmat River, Zurich
Tour St Jacques
we climbed it last year
Seeing it brings happy memories

The ballroom of the Opera Garner
one of my very favourite places in Paris
It's a must do.
Better than Versailles. Cheaper. Less crowded.
Place St Michel
We stayed a few metres from here for a week


I finally got to climb Notre Dame this trip
Being up there amongst the gargoyles
(and chimera)
was amazing

The doors of Paris are incredible
Rue de Vieille Temple 75004
The Eiffel Tower of course
on a foggy October night.
Breathtaking.

Dreaming of France is a wonderful Monday meme
from Paulita at An Accidental Blog 

Saturday Snapshot is a wonderful weekly meme
 now hosted by 
WestMetroMommy

11 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Great shots! I love black and white photos...so dramatic. You can really set a mood.

Thanks for sharing...and here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST


Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

Spectacular photography made dramatic by the black/white film.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I love messing around with photos! This is great!

Anonymous said...

What a brilliant idea! I love b/w photos but have never taken them. These are fantastic photos. But pardon my inquiry, how did you take b/w photos with a DSLR? Did you just edit them into b/w? I know years ago we used b/w films.

Susan Lindquist said...

Every single photo is wonderful! Love B&W for the mood it creates! The effect with the fog over the Eiffel Tower is fabulous!

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Beautiful photos. It's amazing how the details "pop" in black and white, isn't it? I enjoy fiddling around with my pictures using Photoshop, turning colored pictures into B&W and using other effects.
Sandy @ TEXAS TWANG.

Ginx Craft said...

It is very interesting how different black and white shots look. I really like the little gargoyle one.

Brona said...

Lovely to see these shots again Louise.

Thanks for embracing this challenge so whole-heartedly! I knew you'd have some goodsone to share :-)

Louise said...

I love B&W photos too, they always look more classy and arty somehow.

Arti it is very easy to create B&W photos these days. Yes you just edit the photos. I have a mac, so in iPhoto, you just select an individual photo, select edit photo, then there is a tab called effects. B&W is one of the effects and you just select it. Usually that is enough. Sometimes I get very advanced and then use the adjust tab to adjust the contrast a little. But most of the time I don't bother/need to. I'm not sure how you would do it if you have a pc but suspect that your photo program would have similar functions. Good luck and I hope to see some black and white photos from you soon.

Paulita said...

I love the contrast in the shot with the swans. Thanks for playing along with those gorgeous pictures of France. Here’s my Dreaming of France meme

Allison said...

Isn't it fun to play with photo effects on the computer? My favorite shots of yours are of the swans and of the close-up on the gargoyle.