Saturday 1 November 2014

Halloween on the streets of Paris

I wasn't really expecting to see much in the way of Halloween on the streets of Paris. Indeed, as an Australian, I hadn't actually thought of it. I was surprised to see any actually.

Georges Larnicol had heaps.



Patrick Roger just a little. And Perhaps just autumnal?



Make Up Forever, 5 Rue des Francs Bourgeouis 75004 was decked out in glittery pumpkin.



Tabio sock shops were kitted out.


Most surprising was the medical supply place on Rue Danton, with Halloween soup.



And other things.


It could turn up anywhere. In BHV where Patisseries des Reves was holding a Halloween themed sable decorating workshop for the kiddies. 


The cake decorating competition at Salon du Chocolat.


We visited the dog cemetery at Asnieres-sur-Seine on the morning of Halloween, and was very surprised to see a grave decorated for Halloween. 


Perhaps not surprising to see  a black cat.


I think perhaps the kids had dressed up for school. I guess it would be impossible to go trick or treating here with everyone living in apartment buildings with access codes on the front doors. 


Our dinner at the rather amazing Art Kitchen Studio even had added Spiderman.


Saturday Snapshot is a wonderful weekly meme
 now hosted by 
WestMetroMommy

10 comments:

Brona said...

Blogger just ate my lovely long response to your gorgeous pics!

I made all sorts of insightful, amusing comments about pagan harvest festivals & autumn & Northern hemisphere vs Southern Hemisphere Spring copycats who go trick or treating just to get lollies!

But it's now gone forever, never to be repeated.

Great photos - keep them coming :-)

Unknown said...

What fun to see how Halloween is celebrated in a different country. I love the display in the medical supply shop...a little creepy but still fun. Have a great weekend!

grammajudyb said...

We are becoming one world, it seems.

Jeanie said...

So many blog friends tell me that Europe does little with Halloween, so I'm especially excited to see all the wonderful pretties!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I especially love the decorations that include pumpkins. They are also a harbinger of the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday.

I just swapped out some of my decorations and left the pumpkins; I then added my turkeys, etc.

Thanks for sharing...and here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST


B Reading said...

Nice window displays. There wasn't much around my locale but there were some youngsters out knocking on doors.

Sandra Nachlinger said...

What a delightful surprise to find all those Halloween displays in Paris. I've never heard of Halloween soup. Have you?
Here's the link to my Saturday Snapshots.

Ginx Craft said...

What great pictures. I like the Halloween soup. Halloween seems to get more of an event each year in the UK.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Quite surprising. It makes me happy to see Paris celebrates such a great holiday...one more reason to relocate!

Anonymous said...

You're right. I'd never thought of associating Halloween with Paris. But these photos you'd taken are very interesting, and the decorations are Parisian classy. ;)