Saturday 8 November 2014

Jacques Genin Salon de Thé

My love affair with Jacques Genin continues. Last week I went to his incredible Rue de Bac store.  Then I went to his original store and Salon de Thé on Rue de Turenne. Oh my. Sadly my trip there was on my very last day in Paris, and I couldn't be back the next morning at opening time, and every day after that.

It's a beautiful space. 






And of course the food is beautiful too. 

So much choice.
But in the tea room go for the patisseries du jour

Finest, best pastry ever? Very likely
JG's legendary Tarte Citron
Amazing. Totally Amazing

He's very generous too
2 free chocs each with our desserts
Divine certainly
Definitely my favourite chocs of this trip
Best. Chocolat. Chaud. Ever
Yep, I like it better than Angelina's!
I know. Incroyable.
It's silkier, sweeter, doesn't need the cream

Best. Paris-Brest. Ever.
Perfection


A cookbook.
He flatters us.
I don't think mere mortals could turn out such perfection.
I didn't buy it, but will yearn for a return trip.  
Naturally they stock his full range of deliciousness- chocolates, caramels, and many other delights I haven't sampled yet. 

Eat within 15 days- no problem so far...

I can't believe it's taken me so long to get there.  I've known about this for years, and didn't get there during my two recent trips to Paris. But I know where it is now, and I will be back. 

133 Rue du Turenne
Paris 75003
Tuesday-Sunday 11-7 (til 8 on Saturdays)

Dreaming of France is a wonderful Monday meme
from Paulita at An Accidental Blog 

Saturday Snapshot is a wonderful weekly meme
 now hosted by 
WestMetroMommy

17 comments:

Brona said...

Oh my - that citrus tart was calling my name!

Thanks for sacrificing yourself to try out all these places for us...now I know which ones to add to my TBV list and which ones not!

skiourophile said...

Isn't it a wonderful place? That citron tart is the pretty much the best sweet thing I've ever eaten.

Sean @ His And Her Hobbies said...

They all look so tempting. I don't think I would have an issue consuming them within 15 days either!

Sean at His and Her Hobbies

heather said...

I didn't have any chocolate or pastries when I was in France. I never go a week without chocolate in the states. In the south of France it didn't seem like such a big thing. There weren't any chocolate shops or even many bakeries open.

Anonymous said...

I'll be sure to jot this down the next time I visit Paris. Thanks for all your recommendations of beautiful places. ;)

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Yes, perhaps Paris really isn't an earthly location. That would explain a lot.

You lucky, lucky girl.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Your gorgeous photos make me feel as though I've been there, too.

Even though I am eating breakfast as I write this, I am drooling over the treats. Thanks!

And thanks for visiting my blog.

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Delicious treats in beautiful surroundings. Who could ask for more? I'm dying to go to Paris!
Here are my Saturday Snapshots.

Christine Harding said...

Only the French would have such a sophisticate tea shop. It looks wonderful. My Snapshot is at http://chriscross53.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/recreating-medieval-abbey.html

Ginx Craft said...

What wonderful looking desserts. You can tell that the hot chocolate is something special too.

Vicki said...

What a great trip! I'd love to visit France one day!

Esme said...

he has the best caramels.

Julie said...

Oh my! Those desserts and chocolat look so good! What beautiful photos too! Thanks for sharing.

Paulita said...

Louise, You must stop torturing us. I'm beyond green with envy. I'll skip all the other places and go there first as soon as I get to Paris again.

Louise said...

Oh Paulita the torture has only just begun really. I have so much from my trips to Paris I could share- this is just the beginning really. Next time I will visit JG early and often.

Esme his caramels are the best, soft, silky, heavenly. Although this trip Patisserie des Reves have started making caramels and other confectionary too- their caramels have the most intense flavour of any caramel I've had, although nowhere near the silky experience of JG.

Brona/Arti- make sure you let me know when you're going and I'll give you a list.

Heather- I'm shocked! I can barely go an hour without eating something delicious in France, let alone a week.

Sandra- I hope you get there one day, it's so totally worth it.

Carol said...

Looks delicious!!

Anonymous said...

My impression of Paris when I visited years ago as a high school student wasn't all that great. You're changing my mind! If nothing else, I must return for the chocolate. :-)