Sunday 4 January 2015

Australian Women Writers Challenge 2014 Wrap Up



2014 was my third year of participating in the Australian Women Writers Challenge. It's such an important activity and vital to support our Australian Women Writers. And you get to read lots of great books. 

Kids books


Little Dog and the Christmas Wish
Bully on the Bus

Kissed by the Moon

The Treasure Box
Violet Mackerel's Brilliant Plot
A House for Donfinkle
The Red Shoe
Alice-Miranda in Paris
Fire

Adult fiction

Lost & Found

Adult Nonfiction
I Quit Sugar for Life

A Family in Paris
Found in Translation
Last year I read and blogged 15 books, and hoped for 16 for 2014. But I only got 13 this year. I'll have to strive for more this year. I can see that I really need to work on adult fiction reading this year too. I'll try for 16 again this year.

http://australianwomenwriters.com

3 comments:

Brona said...

I'm planning on joining this challenge this year - I suspect when I put together my best of 2014 list it will actually feature quite a few Aussie women.
Well done for having such a good mux of fiction, non-fiction & childrens'.

Louise said...

Great news that you're joining in too Brona. I'm sure many of these books are books you want to read anyway, books you are reading anyway. I'm looking forward to your 2014 list.

Anonymous said...

Lovely round up Louise ... 16 sounds like a good goal. Thanks so much for supporting the challenge so actively and contributing to the variety of our reviews. I look forward to seeing how you go with your adult fiction challenge in 2015.