Monday 4 March 2013

Mon ami Deb, oops Jim

Three years ago I was planning my last trip to Paris. Happily, Deb Nance from Readerbuzz was planning a trip at the same time, leaving her native Texas and holidaying in France too. (Magic happens in Paris). So we met up in person for the first time, 



 chatted, had a lovely lunch,

Rose, bien sure, for the Ladies. 

cruised some Left Bank bookshops,

Sadly I don't remember where they were,
but I'm sure I'll find them again



It's fascinating how different French covers look



and I may have bought some nougat ....

Terrible photo (too sunny so it's a bit washed out),
 but rest assured it was Parisian deliciousness
Deb gave me a lovely picture book in French


When I last read in French it was Camus back in the early 80s, sadly, now this is more my level. At least it's not a Terrifying French Children's Book though. 


Happily Deb and I have since had lunch in Houston, but that's another story. 



Dreaming of France, a weekly meme from Paulita at An Accidental Blog

2 comments:

Paulita said...

What fun to meet a blogging friend in Paris. My daughter has met two of my blogging friends. I, alas, have not. Thanks for playing along. Here’s my Dreaming of France meme

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Oh my! This was a favorite day in my life and now you have lovingly photographed it and saved it for me. I almost feel like I've been there again. Well, of course, now I have. Thank you, Louise.