Friday 8 March 2013

My Home Broome



Last year I heard a feature on an intriguing new book called My Home Broome on Radio National's Books and Arts Daily. I knew I had to read it. A 9 year old girl Tamzyne Richardson had written a poem called My Home Broome when she was home from school sick with swine flu. The poem was then expanded with information about Broome. In a wonderful collaborative project the book was illustrated by Tamzyne and 12 other children from Broome.

Broome is a remote place in North Western Western Australia.

Sadly I haven't been there yet

Broome is a place of great natural beauty

with a rich multicultural history

Great birdlife

and it's own special seasons

My Home Broome is a great book, and is a fascinating glimpse into life in a special part of the world.

8 comments:

MedicatedMoo said...

One of those places I would love to visit... sits on a very long list!

Parisbreakfasts said...

I love yr book selections!
I must read the Flaeur too...
Merci carolg

Louise said...

Me too Kath, it's always such a long list isn't it? I missed out on a conference there a year or two ago, I'd love to get to Broome though, actually lots of WA.

Thanks Carol! I always enjoy your selections too, and have picked up so many titles from your readings.

bermudaonion said...

That does look great - the illustrations are amazing!

Brona said...

We had a week in Broome back in 2006. It was a magical, wonderful week and ever since all things Broome fascinate me. Broome was were I first fell in love with dragonflies too.
I'll definitely be looking out for this book - thanks Louise.

Marg said...

Broome is on my list of places to get to one day! One day!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Who better to write a book on a place than the people who live there and love it? Beautiful.

Swan Pond said...

Wow, nice book!