Thursday 7 March 2013

The Amber Amulet Audiobook




The Amber Amulet was one of my favourite reads of last year. Probably my favourite read of the year. So, I was excited to see that my library had a copy of the audiobook of The Amber Amulet. I had to borrow it. 66 minutes of time in the car with the Masked Avenger!

Was it to be expected that I would find the audio version a little bit disappointing? I loved the physical aspects of the book too much I suppose. The compact size. The vintage look cover. The fabulous illustrations. The Impressive Use of Capitals. I could see all these in my minds eye as I was listening to the audio version, and I missed them.

Still it was nice to hear the story again. And it reminded me to read the book again, which I just did. I still love the book format more. It's pretty near perfect.

And happy news! The Amber Amulet is now an award-winning short film. See the excellent trailer here.

5 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Sounds like print is the way to go with this wonderful book.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Sadly, not yet available at Amazon or libraries here. Now off to the international book spot. I feel confident I'll have success there.

Louise said...

Kathy- print certainly is the format for this lovely book.

Deb- I'm intrigued as to what the international book spot is. Fishpond is a great source for Aussie books, and they have free world wide shipping. Oddly they only seem to have one as new copy of this book. Readings have it, they have free Australian shipping, but not to the US I would imagine.

Swan Pond said...

Ok ok, I ordered the book!!
:-)

Louise said...

Oh! How exciting. I hope you like it. I'd love to hear your thoughts.