Thursday 28 August 2014

Flavorwire's 10 Best Authors of Children's Literature


A list from Flavorwire in 2012.


Lois Lowry

E.L. Konigsburg

C.S. Lewis

Philip Pullman

J.K. Rowling

Lewis Carroll

Madeleine L'Engle

Katherine Paterson

Lloyd Alexander

Judy Blume

I've read 8/10 of these authors! Not every work by them of course, but at least a sampling.

Lois Lowry's The Giver is astonishing (my gushing review from last year) and there is a movie version coming out very soon.

I've only read one E.L. Konigsburg (From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs Basil E Frankweiler), but have two more in the house waiting patiently for their turn.

I guess I need to read Lloyd Alexander and Philip Pullman! But fantasy isn't really my genre. Indeed I suspect it's my least favourite genre.

5 comments:

Brona said...

Pullmans fantasy is like Rowlings (but completely different!) if that helps :-)

Louise said...

Umm, I'm not sure that it does Brona! I'll have to read it- he is on my 1001 list of course.

Satia said...

Ooooh, I've read them all. Like you, not necessarily every book they've published but I've read something by everyone and even more than one by most.

Louise said...

Well done Satia! I don't think I've ever read all of a list. I'm a tad jealous.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I'd say The Giver is fantasy. Of a sort. And you liked that one. So perhaps Alexander and Pullman aren't a big stretch from that.