Sunday 8 February 2015

Top 10 Children's Books on Death and Bereavement

I do love a list. This is an interesting list from The Guardian about children's books dealing with death and bereavement. Children's books tackle an astonishing array of subjects, and often do it particularly well.

Goodnight Mister Tom - Michelle Magorian



Bridge to Terabithia - Katherine Paterson

 Goodbye Mog - Judith Kerr

No Matter What - Debi Gliori

The Velveteen Rabbit - Margery Williams

Charlotte's Web - E.B. White


Duck, Death and Tulip - Wolf Erlbruch


A Monster Calls - Patrick Ness (see my review)


Michael Rosen's Sad Book - Michael Rosen



The Secret Garden - Frances Hodgson Burnett (see my review)

6/10

I have Michael Rosen's Sad Book and Goodnight Mister Tom sitting in my TBR. There is always a book you've never heard of - this time No Matter What.

I would add some other books to this rather excellent list.

The Scar - Charlotte Moundlic (see my review)

By the River - Steven Herrick (see my review)

See Ya Simon - David Hill (see my review)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The Velveteen Rabbit was my favourite book when I was younger - well, that and Where the Wild Things Are. I also love The Bridge to Terabithia