Monday 23 December 2013

Satine

Souvenirs of a visit to Paris are their own special delight. My favourite souvenirs, are generally unexpected, and sometimes very ordinary objects. Like a trivet or a pair of nail scissors. This time a bottle of perfume took me unawares, and I had to buy it. This is not to say that a bottle of perfume was the only souvenir of my last trip, there were more of course, this is merely the first I've mentioned here, besides the multitudes of memories and photos.

In June this year I was attracted by all the pretty glass fish in the windows of the Lalique store in the Caroussel du Louvre (the shopping mall under the Louvre).




Naturally I was drawn into the store like a moth to the flame. Only to find that Lalique make perfume too. And I fell rapidly and fully in love with Satine. It was the day before my birthday, it just had to be done.


Satine is classified as an Oriental Woody perfume. Top notes of jasmine petals, heliotrope and gardenia.  Heart notes of pink pepper, vanilla bean and tonka bean. Dry down notes (I've got no idea what that means) patchouli, vetiver, sandalwood. Such a shame that we can't scratch and sniff with our screens.

My sister liked it so much that she bought a bottle too.

Satine is more than a perfume though, it is a philosophy.



Every time I see the bottle in my bathroom I think of all of this, and more, even before I spray it on. I don't wear perfume every day, or even every week, but Satine is my favourite at the moment, and makes me very happy. 

Dreaming of France is a wonderful Monday meme
from Paulita at An Accidental Blog

3 comments:

Paulita said...

What a great story to go with your fabulous scent. A scent attached to memories is so strong. Thanks for playing along today.

Joy said...

That's a lovely souvenir! I love the philosophy attached. I think wearing this perfume would make me feel confident.

Joy's Book Blog

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

That perfume has everything. Beautiful and complex scent. Beautiful appearance. And a beautiful philosophy.