Tuesday 18 February 2014

Australian Women Writers Challenge 2013/2014

The end of the year is such a busy time I never got to doing a wrap up post for the 2013 Australian Women Writers Challenge- or to sign up for 2014!

So, let's get caught up.

I blogged 15 books by Australian Women Writers in 2013. Rather incredibly, or perhaps somewhat predictably, 3 of those 15 were by Jackie French. But then I am a little bit obsessed by her.


The Tommorrow Book

Ruby Red Shoes Goes to Paris

Lyrebird!
The Silver Brumby
Tanglewood
Thursday's Child
Picnic at Hanging Rock
Pearlie in Paris
Memoirs of a Suburban Girl
A Day to Remember
Hitler's Daughter
Have you seen Ally Queen?
Peeling the Onion
My Home Broome
Come Down, Cat!

It's interesting to look back at my year of reading Australian Women Writers. 

8 picture books. 
2 Paris books. 
2-4 nonfiction, depending on how you classify them. 

Hmmm, it seems I didn't manage to read any adult books last year! I'll have to change that this year. Although Picnic at Hanging Rock probably counts. 

I wonder how many I'll read in 2014? Hopefully at least 16. Allons-y!


1 comment:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

It's mysterious. Why are so few Australian children's book authors seen here in America? Baffling.

I will try, though, to add these I haven't read to my wishlist at Amazon. Let's see what happens.