Thursday 21 July 2016

Children's Books Set in Paris

The lovely Deb at Readerbuzz put together a fantastic list of Children's Books Set in Paris for Paris in July this month. Naturally, I had to think about this list a bit more. I ended up expanding it a bit.

A Giraffe Goes to Paris - Mary Tavener Holmes and John Harris, Jon Cannell


A Hundred Million Francs - Paul Berna





A Lion in Paris - Beatrice Alemagna


A Little in Love - Susan Fletcher (see my review)


A Spree in Paree - Catherine Stock


A Tale of Two Cities - Charles Dickens


A Walk in Paris - Salvatore Rubbino


An Armadillo in Paris - Julie Kraulis


Adelaide - Tomi Ungerer


Adèle & Simon - Barbara McClintock


Alice-Miranda in Paris - Jacqueline Harvey (see my review)


Anatole - Eve Titus, Paul Galdone


Belinda in Paris - Amy Young 


Bon Appétit! The Delicious Life of Julia Child - Jessie Hartland


Catherine Certitude - Patrick Modiano, Sempé (see my review)


Charlotte in Paris - Annie Bryant


Chasing Degas - Eva Montanari


Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - Ian Fleming (see my review)


City Cat - Kate Banks, Lauren Castillo


Come Fly with Me - Satomi Ichikawa


Come With Me to Paris - Gloria Fowler, Min Heo





Crêpes by Suzette - Monica Wellington


Critter - Tomi Ungerer


Different Like Coco - Elizabeth Matthews


Dodsworth in Paris - Tim Egan


Eloise in Paris - Kay Thompson, Hilary Knight


Everybody Bonjours! - Leslie Kimmelman, Sarah McMeneny


Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures. Framed in France - Jeff Brown, Macky Pamintuan


Happy Birthday Madame Chapeau - Andrea Beaty, David Roberts (see my review)


Henri's Walk to Paris - Leonore Klein


Kiki & Coco in Paris - Nina Gruener, Stephanie Raiser, Jess Brown


Let's Go, Hugo - Angela Dominguez





Lily B. on the brink of Paris - Elizabeth Cody Kimmel


Madame Eiffel. The Love Story of the Eiffel Tower - Alice Brière-Hacquet, Csil


Madame Martine - Sarah S. Brannen


Madame Pamplemousse Series - Rupert Kingfisher (see my review)


Madeline - Ludwig Bemelmans


Minette's Feast - Susanna Reich, Amy Bates


Minnie and Moo Go to Paris - Denys Cazet


Mira's Diary: Lost in Paris - Marissa Moss


Mirette on the High Wire - Emily Arnold McCully


Mr Chicken Goes to Paris - Leigh Hobbs (see my review)


Mr Leon's Paris - Barroux, Sarah Ardizzone (translator) (see my review)


My Secret Guide to Paris - Lisa Schroeder (see my review)


Nicholas - Goscinny & Sempé (see my review)


No Dogs Allowed - Linda Ashman, Kristin Sorra


Ooh-la-la (Max in Love) - Maira Kalman


Oops! - Jean-Luc Fromental, Joëlle Jolivet (see my review)


Paris. A Three-Dimensional Expanding City Skyline - Sarah McMenemy


Paris-Chien. Adventures of an ex-pat dog - Jackie Clark Mancuso





Paris. Everything you ever wanted to know - Lonely Planet (see my review)


Paris in the Spring with Picasso - Joan Yolleck, Marjorie Priceman


Paris Up, Up and Away - Hélène Druvert


Pearlie in Paris - Wendy Harmer (see my review)


Pigeon of Paris - Natalie Savage Carlson (see my review)


Postmark Paris. A Story in Stamps - Leslie Jonath


Revolution - Jennifer Donnelly


Rooftoppers - Katherine Rundell


Ruby Red Shoes Goes to Paris - Kate Knapp (see my review)


Sandy's Circus: A Story About Alexander Calder - Tanya Lee Stone, Boris Kulikov


Secret Letters From 0 to 10 - Susie Morgenstern





The Cat Who Walked Across France - Kate Banks, Georg Hallensleben


The Cows Are Going to Paris - David Kirby & Allen Woodman, Chris S. Demarest


The Family Under the Bridge - Natalie Savage Carlson, Garth Williams (see my review)


The French Confection - Anthony Horowitz (see my review)


The Incredible Painting of Felix Clousseau - Jon Agee


The Inside-Outside Book of Paris - Roxie Munro


The Invention of Hugo Cabret - Brian Selznick (see my review)


The Mighty Lalouche - Matthew Olshan, Sophie Blackall


The Mona Lisa Caper - Rick Jacobson


The Moon Was the Best - Charlotte Zolotow, Tina Hoban


The Red Balloon - A. Lamorisse





The Red Necklace - Sally Gardner


The Story of Diva and Flea - Mo Willems, Tony DiTerizzi


The Tale of Hilda Louise - Olivier Dunrea


The Three Musketeers - Alexandre Dumas (see my review)


This is Paris - M. Sasek


Tiger in a Tutu - Fabi Santiago


Zazie in the Metro - Raymond Queneau (see my review)


Zin! Zin! Zin! A Violin - Lloyd Moss, Marjorie Priceman


35/81


October 2016 36/81

June 2018 37/81


Paris in July 2016

1 comment:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I need to compare and see which titles you added. Thank you for alphabetizing it.