Saturday 18 February 2012

Australian Women Writers Challenge 2012

I'd seen the badge for this challenge around the blog world a few times of late, but hadn't really looked at it until the other day. Then I read my friend Janine's post on Otherland by Maria Tumarkin.  Now I realise that 289 bloggers have signed up for this challenge! What have I been missing? Suddenly I paid attention.


As I should. I like Aussie Women Writers. I read Aussie Women Writers. Sometimes I blog about them. I did a few last year. Only one so far this year. Margaret Wild's The Dream of the Thylacine. Which I shall retrospectively label as being for this challenge. I certainly mean to read more. I'm hopeful that this challenge will keep me mindful of my commitment.

I have a number of books that immediately spring to mind. I want to read more Jackie French this year. I so loved Nanberry last year. I won Deb Fitzpatrick's Have You Seen Ally Queen recently. And I've come across Cassandra Golds and must read her soon.

Plenty to get on with. Are you reading some Australian Women Writers this year?

4 comments:

Alyce said...

I don't have any plans to read any on purpose, but I wouldn't rule it out. :)

bermudaonion said...

That should be a fun challenge! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Good to know you're on board for the Challenge1 With so much positive feedback, chances are you have some great reading ahead!

Elizabeth Lhuede said...

Hi Louise

Thanks for signing up for the AWW challenge this year. How did you go?

Have you seen this feedback survey? It would be great to have your response.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VLQYMQG

It's only 10 questions, mostly check boxes, takes 2 minutes, and will provide feedback to Bookseller & Publisher.

Even if you didn't reach your challenge this year, your feedback is valued. I hope you'll join us again for AWW Challenge 2013.