Thursday 6 October 2016

List Challenge's Banned Children's Book List

Oh I just love this list! It's perfect for Banned Books Week which has just finished. And competitive reader me loved that with my score of 25/60 I came 171st of 956 readers when I took the quiz last week. I wish it was more, I have come perilously close to reading more of these books. Quite a few are sitting waiting, unread, in my house. 

Where the Wild Things Are - Maurice Sendak


The Giving Tree - Shel Silverstein


Charlotte's Web - E.B. White


Bridge to Terabithia - Katherine Paterson


Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark - Alvin Schwartz


In the Night Kitchen - Maurice Sendak


The Great Gilly Hopkins - Katherine Paterson


Olive's Ocean - Kevin Henkes





Julie of the Wolves - Jean Craighead George


Little House on the Prairie - Laura Ingalls Wilder


Harriet the Spy - Louise Fitzhugh (see my review)


The Diary of a Young Girl  - Anne Frank (see my review)


A Light in the Attic - Shel Silverstein


Where the Sidewalk Ends - Shel Silverstein


Are you there God? It's Me, Margaret - Judy Blume (see my review)


My Brother Sam is Dead - James Lincoln Collier & Christopher Collier


The Chocolate War - Robert Cormier (see my review)


The Watsons Go to Birmingham - 1963 - Christopher Paul Curtis


James and the Giant Peach - Roald Dahl (see my review)


The Witches - Roald Dahl (see my review)


If I Ran the Zoo - Dr Seuss


Where's Waldo/Wally - Martin Handford





A Wrinkle in Time - Madeleine L'Engle (see my review)


The Giver - Lois Lowry (see my review)


The Adventures of Captain Underpants - Dav Pilkey


Heather Has Two Mommies - Leslea Newman, Diana Souza (illustrator)


And Tango Makes Three - Peter Parnell & Justin Richardson (see my review)


Junie B. Jones - Barbara Park


His Dark Materials - Philip Pullman


Harry Potter and the Philosopher's/Sorcerers Stone - J.K. Rowling


Bone - Jeff Smith


Goosebumps - R.L. Stine


Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry - Mildred Taylor (see my review)


Drama - Raina Telgemeier (see my review)


Dragonwings - Laurence Yep


Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging - Louise Rennison


The Rabbit's Wedding - Garth Williams


Shooter - Walter Dean Myers





The Fighting Ground - Avi


Shade's Children - Garth Nix


The Upstairs Room - Johnna Reiss


To Kill A Mockingbird - Harper Lee


The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe - C.S. Lewis


Speak - Laurie Halse Anderson


The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian - Sherman Alexie (see my review)


Go Ask Alice - Anonymous


Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher


Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky (see my review)


Looking for Alaska - John Green


Two Boys Kissing - David Levithan


The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins (see my review)


Gossip Girl - Cecily von Ziegesar


Twilight - Stephanie Meyer


Prep - Curtis Sittenfeld


Ttyl - Lauren Myracle


The Earth, My Butt and Other BIG Round Things - Carolyn Mackler


Fallen Angels - Walter Dean Myers


The Face on the Milk Carton - Caroline B. Cooney





Forever ..... - Judy Blume


Draw Me a Star - Eric Carle


25/60


This list has the requisite books I've already read, books I want to read, and books I've never heard of (quite a few actually). I should go read one just to annoy some book banner types.




No comments: