Tuesday 4 August 2015

21 Must Read Australian Books

Buzzfeed certainly do come up with some interesting lists. This list of Aussie books is from May 2015. It is a great mix. Some of the usual suspects, and some rather more esoteric titles and little known authors.

1. Obernewtyn Chronicles - Isobelle Carmody

2. The Tomorrow Series - John Marsden (well I've read at least one, more likely a couple)

3. Came Back To Show You I Could Fly - Robin Klein

4. Jessica - Bryce Courtenay

5. On the Jellicoe Road - Melina Marchetta

6. Sun on the Stubble - Colin Thiele

7. Sing and Don't Cry - Cate Kennedy



8. Picnic at Hanging Rock - Joan Lindsay (see my review)

9. Big Little Lies - Liane Moriarty

10. Somewhere Around the Corner - Jackie French

11. The Harp in the South - Ruth Park

12. An Open Swimmer - Tim Winton

13. Lexicon - Max Barry

14.  The Old Kingdom Chronicle - Garth Nix

15. Thunderwith - Libby Hathorn

16. The Book Thief - Markus Zusak

17. The King Arthur Trilogy - M.K. Hume

18. The Green Wind - Thurley Fowler



19. Rowan of Rin Series - Emily Rodda (I've read the first one)

20. Sea Hearts - Margo Lanagan

21. Walking Naked - Alyssa Brugman

4/21

There is always much excellent reading ahead.

June 2017 5/21

5 comments:

Heidi’sbooks said...

Thanks for the list! I haven't read any of them. The Book Thief is on my list, but now I can look into these others.

skiourophile said...

Argh. 3/21 (and really I haven't actually finished the Tomorrow series but I've read nearly all). I sometimes think I shouldn't read lists, but they are so tempting!

Beth F said...

I read all of the Tomorrow series and a handful of the others. Adding some of these to my wish list!

Brona said...

What a curious list Louise. Like you, I've only read four of them.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I've only read three of these. Shame on me.