Saturday 30 June 2012

As we must appear to the hawk #4

In May I flew to Adelaide for the Children's Book Council of Australia 2012 Conference. It was great. Luckily I got a window seat for the Adelaide-Sydney trip. It was interesting. I hadn't been to Adelaide since the 80s!

Bye Adelaide. I didn't see all that much of you.

A quick glimpse of the SA coast

A cool round rainbow played on the clouds

It was interesting to watch the green fade

and the brown

and red 

take over

An oxbow in the making!


It's always fabulous to fly over Sydney, always something to see,
no matter which approach you are on, like the old Olympic site

Or the harbour that still makes me gasp every time I see it



Saturday Snapshot, is a wonderful weekly meme from at home with books

17 comments:

Eugenia O'Neal said...

I've never seen a round rainbow before. Very cool! I must try for the window seat more often!

Jill Buck said...

Your pictures from the air turned out really well!

Leslie (Under My Apple Tree) said...

That is an amazing view of the harbor. I never think to take out the camera when I'm on a plane.

Anonymous said...

I love all your photos, and especially the last. I always try for a window seat and take as many photos as I can.

bermudaonion said...

I never think to take photos out of plane windows. Those are great shots!

Christine Harding said...

The round rainbow is amazing. Fabulous pictures. My Snapshots are at http://goo.gl/l9bDi

Kailana said...

Nice! I have never mastered the art of photos from the air. Mine never look that good...

edgar said...

The bird's eyeview or the plane's window view- are these similar to the impressionist's eye?

Those are beautiful photos. And the rare rainbow!

Irene said...

What great shots. Too bad you didn't get to see more of Adelaide. How was the conference?

Alyce said...

Thank you for the tour! I've never been to Australia, so it was nice getting to see it from the air. Love the rainbow shot too!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

The shapes and colors from way up there are so amazing. Thank you, Louise!

Here's my
Saturday Snapshot.
I hope you will stop by!

Anonymous said...

Great shots from the air! I especially like that one with the blue ribbon of the river. Such a different perspective from above.

Paulita said...

Taking pictures from the air gives you a new perspective, doesn't it? Now I'm going to have to look up oxbow to see what is in the making there. Here's Mine

Sim Carter said...

I feel like I've been up in the air with you. I always love how parts of the earth looks like a patchwork quilt.

Joy said...

Very dramatic shots! The harbor is a nice welcome home.
Joy's Book Blog

Lisa@ButteryBooks said...

Wow, the Sydney harbor is awesome. Great photos!

Laura BurgandyIce said...

Oh, I love this... the view of a hawk!!