Thursday 15 December 2016

26 Chapter Books That Will Make You Say "OMG, I Remember That"

A BuzzFeed list for 90s kids. A list we can all enjoy even if we weren't kids in the 90s. 



1. Holes - Louis Sachar (see my review)


2. The Boxcar Children series - Gertrude Chandler Warner


3. Esperanza Rising - Pam Muñoz Ryan




4. Junie B. Jones series - Barbara Park


5. The Giver - Lois Lowry (see my review)


6. Magic Tree House series - Mary Pope Osborne


7. The Adventures of the The Bailey School Kids - Debbie Dadey and Marcia Thornton Jones


8. Island of the Blue Dolphins - Scott O'Dell (see my review)


9. Ramona series - Beverly Cleary


10. Matilda, The BFG and others - Roald Dahl


11. Wayside School series - Louis Sachar


12. Animorphs - K.A. Applegate


13. Goosebumps series - R.L. Stine


14. Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark - retold by Alvin Schwartz




15. Nancy Drew series - Carolyne Keene


16. The Hardy Boys series - Franklin D. Nixon (see my review)


17. Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry - Mildred D. Taylor (see my review)


18. Magic Attic Club series - Sheri Cooper Sinykin and various authors


19. Julie of the Wolves - Jean Craighead George


20. Walk Two Moons - Sharon Creech




21. Fudge series - Judy Blume


22. Maniac Magee - Jerry Spinelli


23. Encyclopaedia Brown - Donald J. Sobol


24. Amber Brown series - Paula Danziger


25. The Phantom Tollbooth - Norton Juster


26. The Baby-Sitters Club series - Ann M. Martin



9/26


Sad to say that I only read Nancy Drew, The Hard Boys and Encyclopaedia Brown when I was a youngster, the rest of the books I have read I read as an adult. Still plenty more reading to go though. 

2 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

That will make us Americans say that. Not so sure about others.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

There are only three I haven't read: Babysitters Club, Magic Attic, and Animorphs.