Saturday 18 June 2016

Zoella Book Club Summer 2016

So I'm not really up with Zoella, but last week she partnered with WH Smith in the UK to launch a book club. It seems to be a YA summer reading list- apparently it's summer some places. The launch video of reading suggestions had 600, 000 views in two days- and that has to be a good thing. All the books are selling like hot cakes.





There's a little bit too much hair flicking throughout for my taste. But in case you want to cut to the chase and know what the books are- here they are.


All The Bright Places - Jennifer Nixon
We Were Liars - E. Lockhart
Everything Everything - Nicola Yoon
The Potion Diaries - Amy Alward
Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell
Billy and Me - Giovanna Fletcher
The Sky is Everywhere - Jandy Nelson
Beautiful Broken Things - Sara Barnard

They're quite a reasonable selection of books actually, and it does appear that she's read and loved them all. A few of them are sitting in my house in my literal TBR, others have been in the wishlist for some time. As always there's a couple of titles I've never heard of.

If you can't get enough of celebrity book recommendations, here are 10 celebs that love themselves a book too, never mind that I haven't heard of some of these celebrities...

2 comments:

Sue Bursztynski said...

I'veconly read Fangirl, which was delightful, but some of my students read the manuscript of We Were Liars before it came out in Australia and they liked it very much.

Brays said...

Zoella is very popular with many of our readers too - as is her editor, Amy Alward's book The Potion Diaries.