Tuesday 8 January 2013

2013 Pre-1960 Classic Children's Books Reading Challenge


I wasn't planning on joining any more reading challenges (they aren't how I structure my reading anyway), until I saw this one hosted by Kimberly at Turning the Pages. It's perfect for me as I'm going to be reading quite a number of these books anyhow, and it's always nice to find a new community of people with similar interests.

Many of the books that I'll be reading in my quest to read 1001 Children's Books before I grow up, will fall into the pre-1960 category. I've even just finished a number of them such as The Hobbit and Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats, now I've got an extra impetus to blog about them.

Just a few rules.
More than 60 pages.
Post a list of the books you've read at the beginning of every month.

Let's keep track....

January

1. T.S Eliot Old Possums Book of Practical Cats 1939
2. JRR Tolkien The Hobbit 1937
3. Charles Dickens The Magic Fishbone 1867
4. Dylan Thomas A Child's Christmas in Wales 1954

February/March
1. R.M Ballantyne The Coral Island 1857

April
Norman Lindsay The Magic Pudding 1918

June
Rene Goscinny and Jacques Sempe Little Nicholas/Le Petit Nicholas

No comments: