Thursday 13 December 2012

Foodies Read 2013



The Foodies Reading Challenge has been going for several years with the lovely Margot from Joyfully Retired at the helm. Next year Vicki from I'd Rather be Reading at the Beach will take over. 

I'm looking forward to participating in the Foodies Reading Challenge again next year. Even though I've been a bit slack this year I always have many food books on the reading horizon. Actually you could drop food from that sentence and it would still be correct too.

So many books qualify for the different categories- cookbooks, fiction, memoirs/biographies and nonfiction. 

I will try for the Pastry Chef level of 4-8 books. 

What will I read? Possibly

Amy Thomas- Paris My Sweet

Michael Pollan- In Defence of Food

Jane Paech- A Family in Paris

Pamela Druckerman- French Children Don't Throw Food

Michael Paul- Sweet Paris

Are you seeing a bit of a theme? I'm visiting France again next year, and looking forward to my visit very much, and I know I will love those books, and they will in turn enhance my holiday. What could be better?

4 comments:

Vicki said...

So glad you joined the challenge Louise!

I'm looking forward to seeing which books you choose!

Marg said...

Hmm...going to have to give this one some thought. I am definitely tempted!

Esme said...

Where are you planning on visiting in France next year-and where are you going? You should read Tout Suite-K. Wheeler cute , any of the Stephen Clarke's Merde books-satire on French culture by an ex-Brit, if you like mysteries Cara Black-Murder in the Marais, of course Julia Child's My Life in France. only the last one is food related-but given you like France I thought I would suggest a few.

I think I will write about my Michelan dinner next Saturday for Weekend Food Blogging-I went to dinner in Lyon-and it was incredible, I loved Lyon-great food and a very pretty city. I know I will be back again in a year and hopefully do a trip in the spring.

Louise said...

Thanks Vicki, I'm looking forward to it.

Marg you'd be a natural for it. Hope to see you join up.

Esme, thanks for those great recommendations. Most of those weren't on my horizon. I do have Stephen Clarke's 1000 Years of Annoying the French in the TBR and I hope to get to it too. I'm going to Paris in June/July. I'm also going to London and Holland for the first time, so have a lot of prereading to do.