Monday 30 January 2017

Mademoiselle C



I'm really not sure why I've become so interested in Fashion in recent times. Or even fashion documentaries. It's not my world. Although perhaps that's part of the attraction. I taped Mademoiselle C a few months ago, and recently got to watch it on an exciting Saturday night at home. 

I'd never heard of Carine Roitfeld before. She was born in Paris to wealthy parents. She was editor of French Vogue for 10 years from 2001 to 2011. After she left she set up her own magazine CR Fashion Book in New York. Mademoiselle C documents the process leading up to the launch of the first edition.  It's a fascinating glimpse into the world of fashion, celebrity and money. Helicopters and private ballet lessons- she is mighty impressive actually, this grandmother is very flexible.

It never ceases to amaze me that the behind the scenes fashion types generally wear black all the time. And they never change their hairstyle from one decade to the next. They're very much a do what I say not do what I do group of people. 

A visual bonus for any fashion doco that has anything to do with France are the obligatory glimpses of Paris during Fashion Week - Palais Garner, Grand Palais and the Colonne Vendome. 

A month after CR Fashion Book launched in 2012 Carine Roitfeld accepted a position as Global Fashion Director for Harpers Bazaar. She still publishes CR Fashion Book twice a year as her own "personal laboratory of ideas".


Karl Lagerfeld is in it a lot
they collaborate quite a bit


Some interesting Carine Roitfeld links
CNN
Observer
"I’d used the same perfume for 20 years, so just for me to change that was very difficult." Maybe this really is a French thing. Those gals in How to Be Parisian Wherever You Are (see my review) advised us not to change our perfume for 30 years. Carine Roitfeld was to launch a range of seven perfumes in 2016 but I can't find that it exists yet. 
FT


Dreaming of France is a wonderful Monday meme
from Paulita at An Accidental Blog  

2 comments:

Paulita said...

Do you think France is what has piqued your interest in fashion? I don't know much about fashion (although I religiously read Vogue when I was younger) but this is a fascinating look into another icon. Thanks for sharing and for playing along with Dreaming of France. Here’s my Dreaming of France meme

Esme said...

Interesting. My mother only had one perfume. i probably have about 8 although there are some I wear much more than others.